Jason Amesbury was initiated into Local 516 in December 2001. Appointed as Organizer in January 2011, Business Agent in 2012, in June 2013 Jason was appointed by the Executive Board as the new Business Manager, Financial Secretary-Treasurer with approval of the UA Canadian Director. In October 2014, and again in 2017, Jason was elected to his position by acclamation.
In addition to his main role as Business Manager/Financial Secretary-Treasurer for Local 516, Jason also is a trustee for both the UA 516 Health & Welfare Plan and the UA 516 Retirement Savings Plan.
While his main focus is on the UA 516 membership, Jason also has been appointed or elected to the following positions:
- Hearing Officer for the United Association
- Member of the UCC-UA Joint Labour Relations Committee
- Vice-President for the International Pipe Trades Joint Training Committee Bookstore Corporation
- Member of the National HVAC Advisory Board
- Member of the Strategic Planning Committee for UA Canada
- Financial-Secretary Treasurer for the Western Canadian Pipe Trades