Jason Amesbury was initiated into Local 516 in 2001. Appointed as Organizer in 2011 and Business Agent in 2012, Jason was appointed by the Executive Board in June of 2013 as the new Business Manager, Financial Secretary-Treasurer with approval of the UA Canadian Director. In 2014, 2017, and again in October 2020, Jason was elected to his position by acclamation.
In addition to his main role as Business Manager/Financial Secretary-Treasurer for Local 516, Jason also is a trustee for the UA 516 Health & Welfare Plan, the UA 516 Retirement Savings Plan, and the Journeyman and Apprentice Training Fund.
While his main focus is on the UA 516 membership, Jason also has been appointed or elected to the following positions:
- Hearing Officer for the United Association
- Member of the UCC-UA Joint Labour Relations Committee
- Vice-President for the International Pipe Trades Joint Training Committee Bookstore Corporation
- Member of the National HVAC Advisory Board
- Member of the Strategic Planning Committee for UA Canada
- Financial-Secretary Treasurer for the Western Canadian Pipe Trades